Katina Cokinos, Esq. is an associate at Pickney Law Firm and practices exclusively in matrimonial and family law. Ms. Cokinos handles divorce matters involving the issues of spousal maintenance, child support, equitable distribution, child custody, visitation, and contempt. She also regularly represents clients in Family Court proceedings that involve child support, custody, paternity, and orders of protection. Ms. Cokinos routinely appears in the Supreme and Family Courts of Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens counties.
Ms. Cokinos earned her undergraduate degree from Quinnipiac University (cum laude) and her Juris Doctor degree from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center. While at Touro Law, Ms. Cokinos was the Vice President of the Student Disaster Relief Network. She volunteered, working pro bono to aid the citizens of Mississippi and New Orleans during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in their time of need.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Cokinos completed a three-year clerkship with the Honorable Jeffrey A. Goodstein, Supervising Judge of the Matrimonial Part of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Nassau County. Prior to joining Pickney Law Firm, Ms. Cokinos practiced matrimonial and family law for over four years on Long Island and within the boroughs of New York City. Ms. Cokinos has lectured the matrimonial bar as a member of the panel of the Nassau County Bar Association’s Matrimonial Law Committee regarding Courtroom Procedure.
Ms. Cokinos takes pride in providing the best representation possible and guiding each client through the complex and stressful process of divorce and family litigation in and out of the courtroom.
- J.D.- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, 2011
- B.A. – Quinnipiac University, Cum Laude, 2007
- Matrimonial Law
- Family Law
- Supreme Court of the State of New York, 2012
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2013
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 2013
Past & Present Memberships & Certifications
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Nassau County Matrimonial Law Committee
- Nassau County Matrimonial Law Sub-Committee
- Nassau County Real Property Law Committee
- Nassau County Women in the Law Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Hellenic Lawyers Association
- Hellenic Professional Women, Inc.